Saturday, March 21, 2009

Banumpkin

Yes, I was going to make banana bread, but then I pulled out the black bananas from my freezer and let them thaw, and they smelled like they were fermenting. So, into the trash they went, and I had already mixed the butter and sugar. So, I had one badly bruised banana and that's it and a bunch that were just barely ripe. Thus, banumpkin bread was born. We used my regular banana bread recipe, but only with fresh lemon zest and lemon juice instead of bottled lemon juice (and twice the amount of that, anyway), .25 cup reduced fat sour cream instead of buttermilk, and 1 banana, mashed, plus 1 regular can of pumpkin puree. It was definitely tasty. I didn't put in any cinnamon or anything, but I may put in more flavors next time; oh yes, I will be doing it on purpose next time, and put some chopped pecans on the top.

No comments: